In this highly interactive workshop we’ll look at the essential components of clinical supervision—leadership styles and time management, use of parallel process and groups, ethics and accountability. At the core we’ll walk through the developmental stages of clinical development so you can anticipate and address the challenges and dangers ahead as they hone their skills. Most of all, through real-life examples, role plays, videos (and a touch of humor) you will learn how to think as a supervisor and how to avoid the most common mistakes. Whether you are a new supervisor in a helping profession, supervising other supervisors, or wanting to gain a fresh perspective, this program will leave you feeling creative and energized.
Why will you learn and benefit?
• To be a creative supervisor by using a concise 4-stage model;
• How to best supervise both inexperienced and experienced clinician;
• To apply your clinical skills to formulate individual supervisory goals and plans;
• The key liability, diversity and ethical issues;
• Parallel process for both case management and staff communication;
• What type of group supervision to use when;
• What to do when you feel stuck;
• To analyze your own leadership style;
• How to make anxiety your friend and key to assessment and supervisory process; and,
• When and how to use live supervision to increase staff skills.
PLUS THE FOLLOWING “LEARN IT FRIDAY—USE IT MONDAY’ TAKE-AWAY STRATEGIES
• Practical ways of moving the beginner to seasoned professional
• Concrete ways of using the parallel process to change the workplace culture
• How to avoid creating a crisis-oriented workplace
• Determine the difference between consultation and supervision
• Ethics: The 4 Key Components
• How to avoid the burn-out of new clinicians
Before you make payment, do make sure you submit your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download form HERE.
For course agenda, download HERE.
Sign up for our newsletter HERE to receive the latest updates!